Jump to content


Mary C

Recommended Posts




PG | Russell Westbrook 

SG | Avery Bradley 

SF | Talen Horton-Tucker 

PF | LeBron James 

C | Anthony Davis 



PG | Tyus Jones 

SG | Desmond Bane 

SF | Dillion Brooks 

PF | Jaren Jackson Jr. 

C | Steven Adams 


The Los Angeles Lakers are set to go on the road to Tennessee to go up against the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies was labeled as “the team who owns the worst 5-year stretch in NBA history” for the reason that during their time in Canada, the team cannot attain a win of more than 23 games, which means that they were losing over 63 games per season. However, this claim slowly went away for the year 2021 due to the fact that the players are looking healthy and strong. Will the star players of Grizzlies bring victory to the team? Let’s find out. 


Looking at the recent games of the Lakers, it was fairly decent, having three out of five wins. During the last match of the team against their biggest rival, the Boston Celtics, three key players have shown their fire gameplay, leading to the Lakers winning the game. Unsurprisingly, the King, LeBron James was the highest scorer of the team, with 30 points. Anthony Davis also managed to score 20 points with 16 points on rebounds, 2 points on blocks, and 2 points on steals. Finally, Russell Westbrook was able to score 11 points on assists. It is noticeable that the key players for each game only run around the three aforementioned players. Will this be an advantage for the team, or will their opponents use this pattern against them? 


With five out of five wins from their recent matches, the Memphis Grizzlies are actually proving that they have stepped up their game and they will do anything to take the win. Ja Morant has been leading the team just like he did during their last match against the Lakers, seeing as how often he is the high scorer for several matches. For this season, Ja Morant has been averaging 24.1 points per game, 47.6% in field goal percentage, and 77.7% in free throws percentage.  The Grizzlies may have introduced themselves in the game with a tarnished reputation, but this year, they are determined to prove that they are healthier and better, and they will do just anything to finally achieve a title.  


ESPN's Basketball Power Index indicates that the Memphis Grizzlies have a 51.9% chance of winning, leaving 48.1% to the Los Angeles Lakers. This index might be shocking because the Los Angeles Lakers were able to beat the Memphis Grizzlies last October 25, 2021, with a final score of 118-121. However, we agree with this prediction because given that the Grizzlies have improved a lot over the past two months, this might just be their opportunity to astonish the crowd, redeem themselves and prove that they deserve an NBA title. Witness the match between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Memphis Grizzlies on December 10, 2021, 9:00AM PST, at the FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...