Jump to content

NBA: Celtics vs Lakers | Nov 20 2021 at 8:30AM

Mary C

Recommended Posts

NBA: Celtics vs Lakers | Nov 20 2021 at 8:30AM



PG | Russell Westbrook 

SG | Avery Bradley 

SF | Kent Bazemore 

PF | LeBron James 

C | Anthony Davis 



PG | Marcus Smart 

SG | Jaylen Brown 

SF | Jayson Tatum 

PF | Al Horford 

C | Robert Williams III 


The Los Angeles Lakers are set to reignite an old rivalry as they visit the Boston Celtics on November 20, 2021, 8:30 a.m. PST. The last match between the two teams ended in 113-121, with the Boston Celtics claiming the win. 


This season, the Boston Celtics have shown inconsistent performance. With a current record of 7-7, the Celtics are unfortunately placed in the lower half of the standings of the Eastern Conference. This may be due to the fact that there had been recent coaching changes, with Ime Udoka as the head coach for the Celtics. However, despite the obstacle that the team is facing, they would need to modify their game plan, with more focus on execution. The Celtics are hopeful to raise their standing, especially by establishing Dennis Schröder as the key player, given his hot play last November 12, 2021, against the defending champion Milwaukee Bucks. Ever since, he has maintained his game, along with his well-founded defense and scoring, which evidently fits the Celtics’ image. With Jayson Tatum struggling to be more up to speed recently, the team hopes that Schröder will boost their efficiency and provide excellent scoring in the starting rotation, especially since Jaylen Brown is absent. 


Similar to the Boston Celtics, the Los Angeles Lakers are also having a hard time given that their team is not the healthiest it has ever been. Their offense is still a work in progress, focused on Russell Westbrook, who is obviously struggling this season. The Lakers are particularly unstable this season due to being highly dependent on the big three: Davis, Westbrook, and Anthony. If the big three lose their rhythm, then the same happens to the whole team. As a result, they crash and lose. As for positive news for the Lakers, Talen Horton-Tucker is back from his thumb injury and LeBron James is most likely to return for the Lakers’ match against the Celtics after being out for two weeks due to abdominal strain.  


Our prediction? Given that the Los Angeles Lakers are all over the place with Westbrook still trying to work on his decision-making skills, and with several players either sidelined or out due to injuries, going up against the Boston Celtics will surely be challenging for them. As for the Celtics, focusing on the game plan would be the best course of action to avoid irregularities. According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index, the Celtics have a 60.3% chance of winning, which leaves the Lakers a 39.7% chance to win. With this, we expect the Celtics to take home the win for this match since the Lakers are not exactly at their best right now. 

Will the Celtics be able to beat the Lakers twice? Or will the Lakers finally break their cycle of struggle and bring home the victory for this one? Let’s find out on November 20, 2021, 8:30 a.m. PST, at the TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts.  


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...