PBA: San Miguel Beermen vs TNT Tropang Giga | 26 August, 5:45 PM (PST)

Mary C

image.thumb.jpeg.34cdff91cba289f810c61a001a01b86c.jpeg

Vic Manuel is intent on helping the Beermen win the 2022 Philippine Cup after previously being on the losing end of San Miguel's victories in PBA finals. 

After scoring 20 points in San Miguel's 109-100 Game 2 victory over the TNT Tropang Giga on Wednesday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Manuel turned in his greatest performance to date while donning a Beerman's uniform. 

The 35-year-old cager aims to finally win the elusive PBA trophy with the Beermen, a team that has previously hindered his championship chances. 

When San Miguel overcame a 0-3 series deficit to win the 2016 Philippine Cup, an accomplishment known as the "Beeracle," Manuel was with the then-Alaska Aces. He and the Aces had suffered a title defeat against the Beermen in the 2015 Governors' Cup. 

The player told CNN Philippines' Sports Desk in Filipino on Thursday, "This is my dream team, my favorite team since I was a kid. Now I'm playing for San Miguel. It's a great feeling to be in the finals with them, who I battled for the title many times before. I hope I will get lucky this time and win the championship, that's what I'm after. 

Manuel claimed he is committed to finishing the job for San Miguel even if he is still healing from a bothersome calf injury. 

It's difficult to recover from an injury; I played in the semifinals while not fully healthy, and I'm still not fully healthy in the championship game. I'm working hard to strengthen my body. 

On August 26 at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, the Beermen will look to take a series lead over the Tropang Giga.